Monday, November 29, 2010

The Lord Will Fight for You

The last time I wrote was right after my meeting with my mom that did not go well.

I really struggled a lot after that - not that I'm not still struggling - but then I was struggling a lot.

One night I was reading to my kids out of their Bible and something struck me that I had never paid much attention to. (Isn't the Bible awesome in that way - it always has something new to say even though it always says the same thing. It truly is the living and breathing word of God.)

We were reading about the Israelites leaving Egypt and how soon after they left they were cornered between the Red Sea and the Egyptians. Certain death on both sides.

Can you imagine the terror they must have felt? To know that they were safe - enslaved, but safe - just a few days prior only to now be facing certain death?

And here was Moses' response to the people when they expressed their fear....

"Moses answered the people, 'Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.'"

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Amazing.

And He did fight for them. In a place that they never saw their way out of.

Now, conflict with my mother is no where near certain death, but sometimes it feels like death. It feels like death to not know what in the world to do - to separate myself from something I have clung to for so long - and to try to live this out in a godly manner. This is an emotional fight instead of a physical one. But the directions are the same I believe.

He will fight for me - He will fight for you - if only we will be still. And know that He will fight for us. And do the battle for us.

So, my prayer for you today is that He will do the fighting for you - in whatever front you need it - and that you will have the courage to be still.

Blessings,
Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know this isn't the easiest blog to leave comments on because of the sensitivity of these issues, but please do comment, even anonymously. I would love to hear from you.