Friday, November 19, 2010

With Everything - Hillsong United (Joel Houston)



I can not tell you how grateful I am for the church we attend and for the incredible worship songs they introduce us to. This song by Hillsong United, sung by Joel Houston, reveals that the power of the Holy Spirit is at work through song.

God. He is God of all. Of every one of us and every one of our days. It is hard to imagine that God is the God of some of our days - that He would seemingly stand by and watch the horrible things happen that do. That He could be a good God and stand by.

It hasn't always been this way but everything in me believes that those days of suffering will be redeemed. And that He is present and aches and is broken hearted by the sin we experience in our lives.

I believe this because I have seen Him at work in the lives of those around me and I feel like I'm starting to feel this in my life too. I never thought I would.

A couple of years ago our family went through a tragedy and I remember looking up to the ceiling (toward God) and thinking the words of Peter - "Lord, there is no where else to go." There was truly no where else to go. No answers to be found anywhere. God was my best and only hope.

As horrible as it was to feel that way that night, it was also comforting in a strange way because I knew there was SOMEWHERE to go. I was not filled with the feeling of hopelessness because I knew that He knew.

He goes beyond the finiteness in which I look at him. And I'm grateful.

Praise Him with me that He is God and He deserves everything we can give Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know this isn't the easiest blog to leave comments on because of the sensitivity of these issues, but please do comment, even anonymously. I would love to hear from you.